Majorfax Limited’s Privacy Notice for our Customers and Contacts
What Is The Purpose Of This Notice?
This notice applies to Majorfax Limited. In this notice we refer to Majorfax Limited as “Company”, “We”, “Us” and “Our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy. The information in this notice may not necessarily apply to Majorfax Limited as We may not use Your personal information to the full extent described in this Privacy Notice. However, unless You tell Us otherwise We may share Your personal information with whomever We deem necessary in order to run our business effectively.
This notice is provided for Our prospective, existing and former customers and their staff (referred to in this notice as “You” and “Your”).
We will only process Your personal information in accordance with the Notices (and any other information We give to You about how We process Your personal information) and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
In this notice, the terms “Data Controller”, “Controller” “Data Processor”, “Processor” and “personal information” each have a meaning set by law (“Data Protection Legislation”). The Data Protection Legislation is, from the date it comes into force in the United Kingdom, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and, until such date, the Data Protection Act 1998. Please note that “personal information” is, whilst the Data Protection Act 1998 is in force, a reference to “personal data” as defined under that Act.
Your Data Controller
We are a Data Controller in relation to Your personal information. Our address is Majorfax Limited, Charles Street, Walsall, West Midlands WS2 9LZ. We can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Personal Information
What personal information do We collect about You?
We obtain Your personal information (including that of Your staff) from the following sources:
From You: You will know what personal information We obtain from you, because You (or someone You have authorised to deal with Us e.g. a member of Your staff) has provided it to Us. Examples of how We obtain personal information about You include:
- When You give Us information via email or our website.
- During a telephone call with Us, or during face to face discussions with Us.
- Your information given to us through social media messaging.
- If You report something to Us (such as a problem with the Website).
From Marketing Sources: We love to receive new customers as a result o recommendations from Our existing customers and we also actively seek new customers through marketing. We obtain information about prospective new customers and enquiries from prospective and existing customers from:
Your responses to Our online marketing or direct marketing to You whether You respond by electronic mail, telephone, post, social media or other means.
- Your interactions with Us at exhibitions and other events that we run or attend, such as receiving Your business card, and Our discussions with You.
- Your interactions with Our online advertising and advertisements placed by our marketing department.
From our service providers/third parties: We receive personal information about You from the following third parties who provide services to Us:
- Companies who We work with from time to time.
- Our bank or providers who process payments from You, to confirm the outcome of the payment transactions.
- Data providers whom we use to identify contacts for which we have relevant products to offer.
- Our marketing department who provide Us with personal information obtained via social media, being the ability to contact You directly via social media (particularly Linked In, Facebook and Twitter, and if You choose to network with Us, respond to Our posts, or permit the social network provider to allow other users to contact You whether or not they belong to Your network), and the contents of any enquiry or message You submit to Us via social media.
IP Addresses: We will automatically collect Your IP address (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the Internet) each time You visit and use the Website. This allows Us to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the number of visits from different countries. We analyse this data for trends and for statistical reasons, such as which parts of the Website users are visiting and how long they are spending there.
To help Us decide what marketing to provide to You, We obtain information from some social media providers (particularly Linked In, Facebook and Twitter about a particular group, or groups, that You belong to within that social network. The information We receive is about the group, or groups, no specifically to You, and it gives us statistics about the relevant group, or groups that you belong to, such as the size and demographic profile of each group.
For the purposes of online advertising, some service and social media providers particularly Google, Linked In, Facebook and Twitter, do not provide Us with personal information about You, but they do use what they know about You in order to present Our advertising to You online after You have visited Our Website, or have been identified (by those social networks) as having an interest in topics or keywords that We place advertisements against.
What choices do you have as to the personal information We collect?
To stay in touch with You before and after You place an order with Us, as a minimum We need Your name, the name of Your organisation, telephone number(s), and/or email address, and/or postal address, and/or the ability to stay in touch with you via social networks that We use (particularly Linked In Facebook and Twitter), and details of Your preferred method of contact, if You tell Us of any (“Contact Details”).
To complete an order for You, as a minimum We need the following in order to enter into the contract in addition to the Contact Details:
- The description and quantities of the goods and services You require.
- The address of the property where You require delivery and/or performance of the services.
- Your payment details.
This information may be provided to third parties such as Our service providers and sub-contractors so that they can assist us (under our instruction) with the fulfilment of Your order.
How do You withhold or provide less personal information?
You can control all of Our sources of Your personal information. You can:
- Provide less personal information that We request.
- Exercise choice about what personal information You provide as long as it is true and accurate (for example, You may have a choice about what payment details You provide to Us).
- Use Our Website, or the email address given at the beginning of this notice, to tell Us to stop contacting You with Our marketing.
- Not respond to Our marketing and communications (and You also have rights to stop Our direct marketing to You – please see below).
- Opt out of the receipt of our newsletters and updates by using the links and details provided in those communications.
- Change Your settings and connections in the online social networks that You use. You can remove Us from Your network within each social network, choose not to follow Us within each network, and choose not to respond to Our general posts made within each network. Your social network provider should also give You the ability to opt out of receiving direct messages from Us if We are outside Your network.
- Change Your internet browser settings to prohibit cookies.
What’s the impact of providing less/withholding personal information?
Please note that withdrawing or withholding personal information from Us will mean that:
- Any updates, offers and communications (via advertisements, direct marketing or messages) from Us (whether by telephone, email or other means) are not personalised for You.
- You do not get to receive any updates, offers and communications (i You withhold Your Contact Details or tell Us not to contact You, or You remove Us from your network or choose not to follow us within online social networks).
- If You do not provide Us with the minimum information as listed above We cannot enter into a contract with You for the sale of goods and/or services.
If You ask us to erase any of Your personal information We may be unable to comply with Your previous instructions to Us about Your personal information in certain circumstances. For example, if We erase records of Your instruction no to email You, You may receive emails from Us if We subsequently lawfully acquire Your email address from a third party.
Using Your Personal Information
How do We use Your personal information?
For as long as We have access to Your personal information, We will use it for the following purposes, unless otherwise required as a result of Your exercising Your data protection rights. We may use Your personal information for any o the following purposes, whether We obtained it directly from You (or someone You authorise), or another source.
Use – To provide You with Our products and/or services in accordance with Our contract with You, once You have placed an order.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in carrying out Our obligations under a contract with You.
Use – To process Your payment for Our products and services.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in carrying out a contract with You.
Use – To provide You with information that You request from Us, or respond to Your enquiries made directly to Us.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in responding to Your requests and enquiries e.g. by email, telephone, post or social media.
Use – To take legal or administrative action (including collecting debts, resolving disputes and dealing with regulators) in relation to Our supply arrangement with You, including to enforce the terms of the contract or to resolve any disputes.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in enforcing the contract and in resolving disputes with You and as necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Use – To prepare and send You solicited or unsolicited direct marketing (unless You ask Us to stop), consisting of either (a) online advertising directed to You via our service providers (particularly Google, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or (b) direct correspondence with You (via email or those social networks), and containing relevant information about products and/or services We provide (including news updates and e-shots). Also to select or de-select You for each o Our marketing initiatives.
Basis of Use – Existing customers: our legitimate interest in staying in touch with You to discuss potential repeat business.
Prospective customers: our legitimate interest in sending You direct marketing to seek business from You, unless You ask Us to stop (in which case We will stop) We may send notifications by email. You can stop us contacting you by email at any time by emailing us stating “Unsubscribe” in the title bar.
Use – To profile You via social media channels, using information about social media group, or groups, that You belong to.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in ensuring We are able to focus Ou marketing and advertising more effectively provided that You can ask Us to stop profiling You at any time (in which case We will stop).
Use – To ensure that features and content from the Website are available for You (if You choose them) and are presented in the most effective manner for You and Your devices.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in providing products, services, choices operations and websites that meet the requirements of our existing and prospective customers.
Use – To check and confirm that We carry out Your instructions accurately and to enable Us to review and improve Our services and operations and develop new services and operations.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in providing products, services, choices operations and a website that meets the requirements of Our existing and prospective customers.
Use – To undertake financial management, planning and reporting within Our business.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in respect of management.
Use – To keep in touch with You by email, social networks or post.
Basis of Use – Prospective customers: Normally We ask for consent and will no contact You by these means if You have withheld or withdrawn Your consent to this.
Existing customers: It is lawful for Us to contact You by email provided that We give You an easy method to unsubscribe. You can stop Us contacting You by email at any time stating “Unsubscribe” in the title bar or (in the case of social networks) in the ways described above under the heading “How do You withhold or provide less personal information?”
Use – We may cite You as a referee in tenders, and may include case studies about Our work with You, unless You tell us otherwise.
Basis of Use – Our legitimate interest in ensuring We are able to present effective tenders that contain examples of Our work and referees for Prospective customers to contact provided that You can ask Us to stop at any time (in which case We will stop).
Keeping Your Personal Information
How long will We retain Your personal information?
We will only retain Your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes We collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We will retain Contact Details and records of Our contact with You until You ask Us to delete them. We will retain details relating to Your orders for as long as necessary for Us to establish exercise or defend legal rights.
In determining the appropriate period for the retention of Your personal information, We consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of that data, the purposes for which We process your personal information and whether We can achieve these purposes by other means, as well as the applicable legal requirements.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Who do we share your personal information with?
For as long as We have access to Your personal information, We may share any of it with any of the following to the extent that they need to have access to Your personal information in order to perform their role:
- Any employee within Our organization.
- Selected third parties who help Us to perform Our contract with You This includes third parties who help Us directly (such as Our partners product suppliers and order delivery carriers) and third parties who help Us indirectly (such as social media providers that We use, and particularly Google, Linked In, Facebook and Twitter).
- Our banks and other payment processing service providers who process Our payments to You.
- Some of Our IT is operated and provided for Us by third-party IT service providers who maintain, improve, manage, optimise or fix the IT systems that We use or rely on in Our business, including computer devices computer networks, connectivity, telecommunications and software systems.
- Our professional service providers, such as accountants, auditors, legal advisers and insurance brokers.
- Any third party company or companies in the event that We go through a business transition, such as a merger, being acquired by another person o company.
We reserve the right to disclose Your personal information to other third parties if We have lawful grounds to do so, or are under a legal obligation to disclose or share it with them, or in order to establish, exercise or defend Our legal rights or to protect the rights or safety of the Company or Our staff. This may include, for example, the appointment of a third party to undertake telesales on Our behalf in ou legitimate interest of promoting our business.
Do we transfer Your personal information abroad?
In some cases, We will hold in, or transfer Your personal information to, a location that is outside the United Kingdom, and even outside the EU. This will be the case if You are (or a member of Our supply chain for a particular project or contract is) located outside the European Union.
Our supply chain is international and for some supplies, where the subcontractor is outside of the EU, We will supply Your personal information to the subcontractor to the extent necessary to enable the subcontractor to provide the supplies.
What if your personal information changes?
It is important that the information We hold about You is correct and accurate Please tell us if Your personal information changes during Your relationship with Us.
What rights do you have?
In certain circumstances and by law, You have the right to:
- Request Access: to Your personal information that We hold about You This is commonly referred to as a “data subject access request”. This enables You to receive a copy of the personal information We hold about You and to check We are lawfully processing it.
- Request Correction: of Your personal information that We hold about You. This enables You to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You, corrected.
- Request Erasure: of Your personal information. This enables You to ask Us to delete or remove personal information where: (i) there is no good reason for Us continuing to process it; (ii) You have withdrawn Your consent to Our processing; (iii) You have the right to ask Us to delete o remove Your personal information where You have exercised Your right to object to processing (see below) and no exception permits Us to keep using it; (iv) it is established that We did not have the lawful right to process Your personal information; or (v) the law requires Us to erase Your personal information.
- Object To Processing: of Your personal information where We are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and where there is something about your particular situation which makes You want to object to the processing on this ground, and there is no exception which applies to permit Us to keep using it, or We use it for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
- Request The Restriction Of Processing: of your personal information This enables You to ask Us to suspend the processing of personal information about You, for example, if You want Us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it, or You consider we no longer need to use Your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or used (but You need it to be preserved for the purposes of legal claims). You may also ask us to restrict processing if You have exercised Your right to object to Our use of Your personal information and no exception applies to permit Us to keep using it.
- Request The Transfer: of Your personal information to a third party.
If You want to review, verify, correct, or request erasure of Your personal information, withdraw consent, object to the processing of Your personal information, or request that We transfer a copy of Your personal information to another party, please contact Us using the contact details set out at the beginning of this notice.
No Fee is usually required
You will not pay a fee to access Your personal information (or to exercise any o the other rights). However, We may charge a reasonable fee if Your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, We may refuse to comply with Your request in such cases.
What we may need from you
We may need specific information from You to help us to confirm Your identity and ensure Your right to access the information (or to exercise any other right) This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that the personal information is not disclosed to someone who is not entitled to receive it.
In the limited circumstances where You have provided Your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of Your personal information for a specific purpose, You have the right to withdraw Your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw Your consent, please contact Us using the contact details set out at the beginning of this notice. Once We have received notification of Your withdrawal of consent, We will no longer process Your information for that purpose, unless We have another legitimate basis to do so by law.
You also have the right to ask Us not to process Your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing and stating “Unsubscribe” in the title bar (if You wish to unsubscribe to email marketing) or contact Us using the contact details set out at the beginning of this notice.
Data Protection Manager
We are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer to comply with the law but We have appointed a Data Protection Committee to oversee compliance with this notice. If You have any questions about this notice or how We handle You personal information, please contact Us using the contact details set out at the beginning of this notice. You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection matters.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice as and when We feel it is necessary. If this notice changes in any way, We will place an updated version on Our Website. Regularly reviewing Our Website will ensure that You are always aware of what information We collect, how We use it and under what circumstances if any, We will share it with other parties. If We make material changes to this notice, We will notify You via a prominent notice on Our Website.
If You do not agree to the changes that We make as and when necessary, please tell Us via the contact details set out at the beginning of this notice.
Last updated on 27/5/19.