Role: Logistics Co-ordinator / Expeditor
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has presented itself for an experienced Expeditor/Logistics Co-Ordinator to join a leading manufacturing company based in Walsall.
The main focus of the role will be to sustain and further develop the high levels of service, quality and cost-efficiency that are already in place. The company is a proud market leader in their area of casting manufacture and supply, with years of experience and a strong track record across many market sectors.
As Logistics Co-Ordinator / Expeditor you will be required to;
- Ensure all sales orders due are monitored, progressed and any issues are raised accordingly
- Ensure all purchase orders are chased with the supplier prior to delivery to ensure compliance with the order
- Ensure all deliveries are checked against purchase orders and are compliant, including quantity and specification
- Track shipments due from UK and overseas suppliers and liaise closely with logistics companies
- Monitor market shipping and transport rates and liaise accordingly for competitive rates
- Able to demonstrate skills through similar role
- PC literate including Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Email
- MRP System experience preferred.
- Proven expediting experience
- The ability to work under own initiative across multiple projects to deadlines and deliver on time, maintaining quality and cost effectiveness.
*We are not inviting applications from recruitment companies/agencies at this stage*
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please send your CV and Cover Letter to Leigh Dale, Production Director at: Leigh@majorfax.co.uk